Informed by experts in youth concussion from the Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Concussion Centre, the Concussion Handbook is designed to help with concussion management and recovery.
Useful to all those dealing with concussion as a caregiver, educator, parent or concussed victim; the management techniques laid out in this concussion handbook help to speed up the path to recovery.
The handbook notes that recovery times from concussion can vary from days to weeks to months and as such provides information on returning to the various aspects of daily life including:
1. Information about concussion and its potential effect on the mind and body.
2. Strategies to help with recovery, including:
- Energy conservation
- Return to school
- Return to physical activity and sport
3. Self-management tools, and
4. Recovery Timeline with visuals to help see how the phases of recovery fit together.
Visit the Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Concussion Centre to learn more about the Concussion Handbook