According to the Cost of Injury report in Canada, intentional injury comprising violence and suicide/self harm accounted for 4,463 deaths and over $4 billion in costs during 2010. Furthermore, one in five Canadians will experience a mental health problem or illness every year, with a cost of well over $50 billion to our economy.
The violence, suicide/self harm and mental health collection features a series of resources, programs, reports and guidelines that focus on violence, bullying, abuse, suicide and mental health. These materials have been collected from a variety of organizations, resource centres and networks including:
- The Canadian Red Cross
- The Boys and Girls Club of Canada
- The CAMH Health Promotion Resource Centre
- The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- The Public Health Agency of Canada
- The Mental Health Commission of Canada
- The Great West Life Centre for Mental Health
Click here for full access to the collection.