Location: Hybrid or Remote with possible periodic on-site attendance
Duration: 8 Weeks from start date
Compensation: Budget = $8,000 exclusive of HST
Parachute is seeking a GR Consultant to perform the following (but not limited to) activities related to the development of a Vision Zero road safety government relations strategy:
- Establish clear and achievable government relations goals for the project through consultations with key staff and a thorough review of existing materials.
- Recommend solutions and strategies with the goal of informing and influencing federal, provincial, territorial and municipal decision-makers on best practices for road-safety related policies.
- Provide advice and background intelligence, and specific steps to further engage with the federal government, Minister of Transportation and their staff (e.g., policy advisors), the Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, Infrastructure and Communities, the Council of Ministers Responsible for Transportation and Highway Safety, and the Prime Minister’s office.
- Outline strategies to engage a minimum of three provinces selected by Parachute (including Quebec) with the goal of increasing the priority of Vision Zero in these jurisdictions so action can be taken.
- Set out clear strategies, steps, and goals to raise awareness of the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety, identifying evidence-based policy changes and actions all levels of governments can take to support Vision Zero principals and the Safe System Approach.
All of the above components to be incorporated into a comprehensive GR strategy that includes:
- Strategic approach
- Key messages
- Policy briefings/templates
- Timelines – schedule for development and implementation of tactics
- Resources – financial requirements and human resource needs
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our vision: A Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit parachute.ca.
Parachute aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas – an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard. All members and contractors of the Parachute community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
- University degree in government or public relations, or related fields.
- Fluency in English; bilingualism is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Three-to-five years of related experience.
- Experience in health-related government relations communications is desirable.
Posting Date: February 15, 2023
Closing Date: February 28, 2023
How to apply: Apply directly online with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview may be required provide a samples of their portfolio for review.